Artist and singer, Araba Walton, was born on 4 November 1975 in Simbach am Inn, Lower Bavaria, Germany. After taking the German secondary school ???Abitur??? examination she studied theatre studies in Munich, Germany and then went to London, England, where she completed a three-year course at the ArtsEd School of Acting. In the years that followed, she had acting roles in various West End and Off West End productions.
At the end of 2001 she moved to Hamburg, Germany for a leading role in the successful musical, ???Der K??nig der L??wen??? (The Lion King). After a two year stint, however, she decided to renew her commitment to acting and made Berlin her home. Araba Walton is a permanent member of the Berliner Logentheater and the theatre group ???abok???.
This year she appears in a leading role in the feature film, ???Sunny Fill??? by Luzius Rueedi. In 2008 she has a leading role in the feature films “Berlin Calling” and “Sunny Fill”. Her first record album ‘Roland Appel’ (Sonar Kollektiv),is published in April 2008.
She is the chairperson and treasurer for?? Schwarze Filmschaffende in Deutschland (Black Artists in German Film).
Movie work (selection)
- BERLIN calling (2007)
- Sunny Hill (2007)
- Bitters????es Nichts (2006)
- Brown Girl in the Ring (2005)
- Asudem (2005)
- A2Z (2004)
- ??ber das Verschwinden (2004)
- Simon (2003)
Theater work (selection)
- Garuma (2006 Arena, Berlin)
- Blutknoten (2005 Els??ssisches Logentheater, Berlin)
- Decameron (2001 Cochraine Theater, London)
- Life as Lilly (2001 Museum of London)
- Geschlossene Gesellschaft as Ines (2000 London Tabard)
- Three sisters as Masha (2000 London Tabard)
- Pentecost as Antonia (2000 The Space, London)
- Edmond (2000 The Space, London)Musical work
- K??nig der L??wen as Queen Sarabi (2001-2002 and 2004 Hafentheater Hamburg)
- Hair (2001 Brighton Pavilion)
- Roland Appel (album, Sonar Kollektiv)